For Joe we installed out SmartJack Crawl Space Stabilizer. The Smart Jack- is a supplemental support system for crawl space applications- the Smart Jack effectively supports sagging beams and floor joist. The Smart Jack Technical Specifications
(1) Top Plate- 0.50" x 5.00" x 6.00" plate and 1.75" od x 0.25" wall x 1.375" long confining right, zinc plated. Plate yield strength= 36 ksi(min) tensile strength = 58 ksi(min) confining ring yield strength = 35 ksi(min), tensile strength =60 ksi(min)
(2) All Thread Rod- 1.25" diameter x 10" long with welded heavy hex nut, zinc plated. Yield strength = 70 ksi(min), tensile strength = 90 ksi(min)
(3) Tube- 3.50" OD x 0.165" wall x 36", 60" or 84" long field cut to length, triple-coated in line galvanized. Yield strength = 50 ksi(min), tensile strength = 55 ksi (Min)
(4) Bottom Plate- 0.50"x 3.50" plate and 3.1245"OD x 0.187" wall x 1.50" long ring, zinc plated. Plate yield strength = 36 ksi(min), tensile strength =58 ksi (min). Confining ring yield strength =35 ksi (min), tensile strength = 60 ksi (min)
(5) Precast Concrete Footing- Typical base dimensions approx. 12" x 12". Exact dimensions vary with manufacturer. Item purchase at local building supply Center.
The tube steel used for the Smart Jack is manufactured with a triple-layer, in-line galvanized coating. This coating process consists of (1) a uniform hot-dip zinc galvanizing layer; (2) an intermediate conversion coating to inhibit the formation of white rust and enhance corrosion resistance; and (3) a clear organic top coating to further enhance appearance and durability. The inside of the pier tube also has a zinc-rich coating.
The remaining steel component of the Smart Jack come standard as zinc plated in accordance with ASTM B633 "Standard Specification for Electrodeposited Coatings of Zinc on Iron and Steel"